Alexander Swap's Dundee (Angusshire) copper Conder halfpenny token dated 1797. Obverse: View of a church with legend: "DUNDEE HALFPENNY 1797", "ST. ANDREW’S CHURCH FOUNDD. 1772". Reverse: View of ruined archway and battlements with legend: "COWGATE PORT * THE LAST REMAINS OF OUR ANCIENT WALLS *", "W WRIGHT JUN DES". Edge inscription: "PAYABLE AT THE WAREHOUSE OF ALEXR SWAP & CO * + +". Alexander Swap & Co., were merchants with a business in Overgate, Dundee. Below is an early Victorian photograph of the same archway. Nice collectable condition, see photograph.
D&H Angusshire No: 21. Diameter 28.6mm. EF-. £85.00
e-mail David at firstname.lastname@example.org to order.