Rare Smith and Wilson's Brechin (Angus) copper Conder halfpenny token dated 1801. Obverse: View of ruined church with legend: "PAYABLE BY SMITH AND WILSON", "CHURCH". Reverse: Mill with water wheel and legend: "EAST MILL BRECHIN 1801". Plain edge. Listed in Dalton & Hamer as "R - RARE". Smith and Wilson were flax spinners in Brechin and owned the East Mill at the time the token was issued. Ex-MacMillan Collection. Lovely collectable condition with a little subdued lustre remaining, see photograph.
D&H Angusshire No: 9. Diameter 28.6mm. EF-. £85.00
e-mail David at firstname.lastname@example.org to order.