Reynold’s Coventry (Warwickshire) copper Conder halfpenny token dated 1792. Obverse: Lady Godiva riding side-saddle on horse to left with legend: “PRO BONO PUBLICO 1792”. Reverse: Early representation of an elephant with a castle on it’s back and legend: “COVENTRY HALFPENNY”. Edge inscription: “PAYABLE AT THE WAREHOUSE OF ROBERT REYNOLD’S & Co”. Issued by Reynolds & Co who were ribbon weavers in Coventry. Good collectable condition, see photograph.
D&H Warwickshire No: 231. Diameter 31.2mm. VF. £30.00
e-mail David at firstname.lastname@example.org to order.