Shrewsbury (Shropshire) copper Conder halfpenny token dated 1793. Obverse: The Arms of the Borough of Shrewsbury consisting of three leopards faces on a shield with legend: SHREWSBURY HALFPENNY 1793. Reverse: Three-quarter standing figure of Bishop Blaize (patron saint of woolcombers) holding a book in his right hand and a wool comb in his left with legend: “SUCCESS TO THE WOOLLEN MANUFACTORY.”. Edge inscription: PAYABLE IN ANGLESEY LONDON OR LIVERPOOL. Nice collectable condition with usual die flaw on reverse, see photograph.
D&H Shropshire No: 23. Diameter 29mm. VF-. £30.00
e-mail David at email@example.com to order.